Hotels

Okay, we are looking at hotels in Keokuk, Iowa. I am pretty convinced that my little family will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express. They have the best value in town, I think. I called both Hampton Inn (319) 524-6700 (where the Palmer family is staying) and Holiday Inn Express (319) 524-8000 for better/group rates. Both receptionists were extremely friendly - but Hampton Inn did not offer to let me speak to a manager (maybe she was a manager?) and wouldn't do better than the Orbitz rate of $89/night for a double Queen. Through Orbitz you can still use the code: 25HOTELORB for the additional $25 off (the whole stay, not each night) so it's actually a better deal online!

The receptionist at the Holiday Inn Express, however, offered me a $69.90 rate (better than online) and said her manager could probably even do better than that. She put me through to voice mail and said the manager would call me back with a rate! I'll let you know. :)

Here's the link directly to the hotel so you can see more pictures, etc.
"The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Keokuk, Iowa features a complimentary Express Start continental breakfast, free high speed internet access, indoor pool with exercise facility, whirlpool, sauna, and game room. Local phone calls are free. Large meeting and banquet facilities and complete catering services for any size group. "


*UPDATE* - Okay, the girl got back to me and can do $67.90. With taxes these rooms will be about $467.40 for the six nights (per room). This was almost exactly the same as going through Orbitz, so I went ahead and reserved them under my name. Everybody can pay sep. once we're there. Let me know if you DON'T want them. Ben & Candi, I didn't reserve one for you, but I can call and add a room for any nights you want to stay there (unless you just want to extend at the Hampton Inn for the price quoted above). Just let me know. :)

Address of hotel: 325 Main Street

7 Response to "Hotels"

  1. Stephen Kuykendall says:
    April 14, 2010 at 12:48 PM

    what are the dates everyone will be out there?

  2. Whit says:
    April 14, 2010 at 12:53 PM

    Just added to the side (bulletin board). :)

  3. Candice says:
    April 14, 2010 at 12:56 PM

    I think a blog is a great idea for this! Thank you, Whitney!

    Mom told me the 13th through the 20th. Did I not get that right or are people coming at different times?

    We have a hotel reserved (The Hampton Inn-it was free because we've saved up travel points) for the 14th through the 17th.

    I'd love to know everyone's exact dates so we can either extend at the beginning or end of what we already have scheduled.

    We are SOOOO excited to see everyone!!

  4. Whit says:
    April 14, 2010 at 1:06 PM

    I think everybody's doing 11th-18th now (train tickets purchased for all)... Things got moved around because of callings (to only miss one Sunday. :)

  5. Candice says:
    April 14, 2010 at 1:08 PM

    No problem-so what day is everyone arriving in Nauvoo?

    p.s. Train trips sound sooo fun! Except maybe without Nathan. :) Does that mean everyone else except for my family is coming by train?

  6. Whit says:
    April 14, 2010 at 1:13 PM

    We arrive in Nauvoo on the 12th - so that's when our first stay is. We leave on the 18th. So, a 6 night stay.

  7. Whit says:
    April 14, 2010 at 1:22 PM

    first NIGHT'S stay...